The Makeup Directory

Sunday, 3 March 2013

A little bit of a highstreet haul


Had a little bit of a shopping spree earlier when I was at Windsor, a town I hadn't been to for years (and when I say years I mean since I was about 3) and it was an absolute delight. Lovely shops alongside an amazing castle and a place I would highly recommend. I went into a lot of shops but ended up buying things from The Body Shop, Boots and Lush, not really surprising since I'm a total make up nerd. If there is anything you want me to fully review please leave me a comment as I read every comment and pay attention to your requests! So here is what I bought...


First I went into The Body Shop and was overwhelmed by the choice. I was specifically looking for two things, one of which a more natural toner. The toner I currently use is one by Clinique but I'm pretty convinced I am allergic to the entire three-step which I purchased so when I saw this it looked perfect. I made sure I bought something alcohol-free and this was what I found. Aloe Calming Toner by The Body Shop only came in at £8.00 which seemed like a good price for a toner.


The second item I was looking for was a body butter and I ended up getting three for £10.00 which again seemed like a bit of a bargain. I had started by smelling each individual flavour they have and had decided Satsuma was the most gorgeous. But then I saw these hidden away on the shelf, three miniatures for ten quid and they had several different combinations and decided the Satsuma, Lemon and Cocoa were best for me. I can't wait to try these!!

After The Body Shop I took a trip to Boots next door where I picked up some nail varnish and lip butters. The two nail varnishes I picked up were, surprise surprise, Essie ones. I bought the infamous Fiji which I have heard so many positives about, a gorgeous very pale pink. I also bought Mint Candy Apple which is the perfect Spring mint shade. I am so excited about trying both of these nail varnishes out. I've never been in a Boots with a specific Essie stand so I was over the moon to find this one!


From Boots I also purchased two of the extremely blogged about Lip Butters by Revlon (£7.99). The samples were pretty disgusting and mashed up which made it incredibly difficult to choose the shades but I ended up going with Cherry Tart and Candy Apple (£7.99). There was a buy one half price deal going on at the Revlon stand too which made me buy two instead of just the initial one I had intended to. As a newcomer to the lip world I am looking forward to trying these sheen and moisturising balms.


Next I took a visit to Lush. A shop I've avoided for the last few years due to it's overpriced goods (in my opinion) and ridiculous smell. Although the products are lovely, I don't understand how the workers manage there, my boyfriend had to step outside whilst I chose my face mask due to the smell simply being too much. They were very helpful in there and recommended the Love Lettuce face mask, at £5.95 this seemed quite steep, please don't tell me this is only one masks worth?


The final product of the day was the Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£5.25) which I've heard so so so many positive things about. My lips have been pretty dry since the loss of my two carmex pots (I still blame Dan Ruth) so this is my new replacement. Plus it tastes amazing....

I'm really pleased with all the products I bought today and can't wait till trying them. I'm sure I'll review them all but if there are any you urgently want to hear about please let me know and I sure will deliver!

28 comments:

  1. I was so so tempted to buy the chocolate body butter the other day but decided to be good untill i've used my others, it'll be next on the list though it smells gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, I don't normally go for chocolate body products I prefer fruity ones but this one is lovely!!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Candy Apple is my favourite! Such a wearable red :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wore it today and it is so moisturising and the colour is lovely :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I want Candy Apple it looks beautiful! Great post & blog too - followed! :)

    labelsandlipsticks.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Mint Candy Apple and Cherry Tart! I love The Body Shop Body Butters too, the Chocoa one sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to put Mint Candy Apple on I think I might tomorrow night as my current one is starting to chip!!

      and same they smell gorgeous

      xx

      Delete
  5. great post ,great things love the nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those nail polish shades look so pretty! Great haul!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they looked nice together too and thanks!!
      :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. This posts interesting..
    I love the picture..
    Do you have twitter account?

    Regards,
    AkmaOmar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My twitter is /sallyokelly you are more than welcome to follow although I don't use it much!!

      xx

      Delete
  8. I love Windsor! Im lucky (or unlucky!) enough to live near so I'm always wasting my money there :P

    Awesome colours from essie, I'm obsessed with minty green so im totally going to get that!

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my giveaway!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it is so nice there, I live in Egham so it isn't too far but now I've been once I'll definitely go again simply because of how lovely it is :)

      And same mint greens are my favourites :)

      sure

      xx

      Delete
  9. Love those nail polish colours! Hope you enjoy all your purchases!
    Xx
    b-e-a-u-t-y-t-u-t-o-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love revlon lip butters and lush lip scrubs (although mine is the popcorn flavoured one!) :) I've never tried an essie nail polish- I really, really want to!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the popcorn one but that sounds amazing!!

      xx

      Delete
  11. Acabo de conocer tu blog!!! Tienes un blog muy original, personal y fantastico.
    TE SIGO! Me encantaria que tu tambien me siguieses ya que me haria mucha ilusion.
    Besos :)

    http://enjoythelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put this into a translator! thank you!!

      xx

      Delete
  12. The nail polishes you got are perfect for spring! I need to stock up on pastel nail polishes too! Great post! I follow your blog! xo

    http://amermaidswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is exactly what I thought, love a pastel nail varnish

      thanks :)

      xx

      Delete
  13. Those revlon lip butters are gorgeous colours!

    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of Candy apple going on here! I love Essie though, it is the only nail varnish brand I use now, as it just stays on so well! I hope you like it as much as I do!!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually notice until I started reading the comments and noticing two candy apples!!

      And same it is becoming the only one I use too!

      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...